(or: Twelve things I’m gonna do before I’m thirty, not necessarily in this order, but probably all in one week, since I turn thirty next Thursday)
1. Go to Stef’s Subshop and order a foot-long kielbasa with kraut and mustard and extra peperoncinis.
2. Buy a decent amp and a guitar — preferably a Stratocaster like I used to have, but let’s face it, any ol’ guitar will do.
3. Swim far out into the Atlantic, then float there til dark – like we did when we were kids.
4. Start new job.
5. Dig my LP’s out of Cyril’s basement; dust off Hank Williams and Dave Alvin, Tom Waits and Lou Reed.
6. Rent all of The Godfather movies and watch them in one go.
7. Get a library card.
8. Visit my mother.
9. Kick my kid brother Frank’s ass.
10. Get out of jail.
11. Send this postcard to Penny that says: Meet me at Harris Point for my birthday.
12. Drive to Harris Point and wait.