Who can submit
You. We are equal opportunity. We like newcomers and experienced writers and everything in between—anyone with a voice and a pen can give it a go. There’s no submission fee, no age limit, no complicated rules. You only have to follow a few simple guidelines to ensure your story is considered with the utmost care by 52|250’s Editors. Everything you need to know is here (and do please note the italics and bolds which are especially important).
How to Submit
- Send in electronic submissions only, in an email to: 52250challenge [at] gmail [dot] com
- Write Submission: [week # / theme] (that is, name the theme, as in: Submission: Week #1 / Breadfruit) in the subject line so we can see which theme you are writing about.
- Place your story in the body of the email. No attachments, please.
- Include the title of your story, your name, and the whole text in the email. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT, esp if you have an email address like spth13@… We need an author name, since “Breadfruit by spth13” is a little odd, even in this electronic age.
- Please format your story as we do on the Weekly Flash page: double spacing between paragraphs and no indent on paragraph beginnings.
- Provide a brief biographical blurb about yourself that can be included on our Authors and Artists page, if you are a first-time flasher.
- Submit any week’s piece by Sunday at midnight, your timezone, wherever you are.
- Remember to count: 251 won’t do.
- No payment other than publication. Rights revert to author upon publication, although 52|250 does reserve the right to anthologize, in printed or electronic format, material originally published here.
Stories are released weekly on Friday.
Please direct any questions to us at 52250challenge [at] gmail [dot] com
Ready… Set… Go!